Seal Beach

Seal Beach

Carp Trip

Carp Trip

Friday, May 23, 2008

Old Stuff in Santa Barbara

The 'Old Mission"


De La Guerra Plaza-above and below
This is a small park in the middle of the city with some historical significance, but I can't remember what!
One of the oldest adobe houses.
The oldest street in SB, sorry, Ican't remember the nam of it.


I'm sorry to say, I can't remember what all these pictures are of-senility is setting in. They are some of the oldest buildings in town. We found it so interesting that #1 they were still standing and #2 they built a street right through the 'Old Mission.' Cutting a piece of the 'U' shaped mission out to make their road grid. Of course, hindsight is always 20-20. I'm sure the new town fathers wish the old town fathers would have had more foresight than that. I wish I knew in my twenties-what I know now, and I am wondering just how much smarter I'm going to be as I get older-wouldn't it be great to have some of that knowledge already? Now I'm rambling-does anyone even know what I am talking about?

No comments: