Seal Beach

Seal Beach

Carp Trip

Carp Trip

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Lava Tube




These are pictures of a lava tube, there was alot of volcanic activity in this area many many years ago. This tube is a mile long and it was a little scary. Don't I look scared? Anyway, they rent out propane lanterns for the hike but we had flashlights so we were good, but, no, Cameron's flashlight was very dim, but mine was good, so we were ok, right? No, my flashlight went out on the wat back out, too funny! So, we walked behind a G&G with some little kids, I appreciated her slow movement, but they kept trying to let us go ahead of them and we were like, oh no your fine. Then the kids chased off ahead and they couldn't keep up with them so I felt obligated to try and follow them-the kiddos- closely so they would survive-haha, kids just don't even care-just running up these rocky areas with no light-they were amazing to me. I felt like a total wimp after following those kids for a few minutes. I had been clutching on to Cameron for most of the hike back and we actually fell down together-it was pretty funny but it was a dusty area so we didn't do too much damage.

No comments: